We are happy to announce that we will once again be offering child car seat installations and inspections as a free service to both residents and non-residents. Car seat installations are done every Tuesday evening (weather permitting) from 4:00pm-8:00pm. Two certified technicians will be on scene to check/install your child's car seat. No appointment is necessary. In an effort to keep everyone safe, we will be adhering to the following procedures.
1. Caregivers will be required to wear a mask. Only one caregiver may be present for each car seat check.
2. Caregivers will be asked if they have been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and a temperature check, via non-contact thermometer, will be conducted. Anyone with a temperature exceeding 99.5 will be asked to come back at a later time.
3. QPD Child Passenger Safety Technicians (CPS) will wear masks and gloves when installing child seats.
4. QPD CPS technicians will de-glove and wash up between car seat installations.
5. QPD CPS technicians and caregivers will maintain social distance. Technicians will be on one side of the vehicle while the caregiver will remain on the other side of the vehicle.
This program is funded, in part, by the Child Passenger Safety (CPS) Equipment Grant received from Highway Safety division.
**This service is not available on election days (Sept 1st and November 3rd)