We are excited to announce that we have joined Neighbors by Ring! The 'Neighbors' app is a digital neighborhood watch right on your phone where you can get real-time crime and safety alerts from your neighbors and law enforcement.
Quincy Police will be using "Neighbors" to monitor crime and send you updates on key crime incidents so you can stay informed. By working together, we can make Quincy a safer community.
Here's how 'Neighbors' works:
* Download the Neighbors app using the link or text below:
text quincypd to 555-888
* Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
* Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
* Quincy Police will share relevant and important crime information with residents in real-time through Ring Neighbors to keep residents informed about local crime and safety updates.
* You can join the conversation, monitor for updates, and watch shared videos.
Some frequently asked questions:
Q: How does "Neighbors" work with the Quincy Police Department? How much access does QPD have to my Ring device, if any? "Neighbors" users can choose whether to share their Ring videos publicly and with law enforcement in the app. Quincy Police can view the publicly available content in the Neighbors app and request content in a specific area where a crime or other incident may have occurred.
Q: Is the Quincy Police able to access user data or cameras through "Neighbors"? Not directly. Quincy Police can only see posts that users share publicly; QPD does not have direct access to user's devices, video, or data. But, when users choose to share video or data with QPD, "Neighbors" makes it easier and faster.
Q: If I post a video on the Neighbors app, is that the same as reporting it to the police? No. If you have evidence of a crime or suspicious behavior, you should still report it to the police.
Q: Can only Ring videos be shared on Neighbors? No. All videos, images, and text can be uploaded and posted to Neighbors. Videos from all cameras can be uploaded.
Q: Does it cost anything to use the Neighbors app? No. The app is FREE.
Download the free 'Neighbors' app today to see what's happening in your neighborhood.