Penn's Hill Resident Parking Program
On October 15, 2018, the City Council voted on a series of changes to the Residential Permit Parking program in the City of Quincy. The vote initiated Phase I of the City’s Residential Permit Parking Program, which will start in the Penn's Hill area. These changes were recommended by the TPAL Department as part of the opening of the Independence Avenue MBTA gate.
The gate is slated to open the week of December 3, 2018.
Below are the key points and instructions to apply for a Resident Parking Permit:
- Resident Permit Parking regulations will be in effect Sunday night through Friday afternoon from 10 p.m. to 2 p.m. each day, excluding holidays.
- Resident permit regulations ARE NOT in effect from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. each day
- Resident permit regulations ARE NOT in effect all day Saturday and all day Sunday until 10 p.m.
- Residents only need to enroll in this program if they park their vehicle on the street during the applicable hours – RESIDENTS WHO PARK THEIR CAR IN THEIR DRIVEWAY NEED NOT ENROLL IN THIS PROGRAM
- Applications can also be made in person by visiting the Department of Traffic, Parking, Alarm & Lighting at 55 Sea Street, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Residents must provide a scanned copy of their current vehicle registration as well as an additional proof of residency (tax/utility bill, current lease from last 90 days). A cell phone picture scan of these documents is acceptable.
- Resident and guest permits are free.
- Complimentary guest passes can be obtained online. Guests must obtain a guest pass if they will be parking on-street during applicable hours. Visit www.buymypermit.com/quincy to register for a guest pass. Guest passes are not required for overnight visits during designated holiday grace periods (i.e. December 21, 2018 thru January 1, 2019).
- All residents enrolled in the program will receive a Residential Permit Parking sticker to be affixed to the front passenger window of the registered vehicle.
For any other questions pertaining to the Penn's Hill Parking Program, please contact Chris Cassani at (617) 376-1936 or via email by clicking here.