Officer White, Lieutenant Bina, and Officer Miller receive the donation from Atty. David W. White of Breakstone, White & Gluck
On Friday, April 28, 2017, the Quincy Police Department received a generous donation of bicycle helmets from the law firm of Breakstone, White & Gluck, Boston, MA Personal Injury Lawyers (www.bwglaw.com) as part of their Project KidSafe campaign. Since 2013, the law firm has donated over 10,000 bicycle helmets with a simple goal in mind: to keep children and families safe. We are honored to be one of the recipients of this year’s campaign.
Bicycle riding is fun and healthy, when done safely. Please follow these safety riding tips:
1. Before riding, always inspect your bicycle and make sure it is ready to ride. Check the ABC’s (Air, Brakes, Chain)
2. Wear a properly fitted bicycle helmet. Massachusetts law requires that children 16 years of age and younger wear a bicycle helmet. We encourage everyone to wear a helmet.
3. See and be seen. Regardless of the weather or time of day, you need to be seen by others. Always wear neon, fluorescent, or other bright colors when riding.
4. Control your bicycle. Always ride with at least one hand on the handlebars.
5. Watch for and avoid road hazards. Be on the lookout for potholes, broken glass, gravel, puddles, leaves, etc. Pay attention to vehicles backing out of or turning into driveways.