Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! I just wanted to pass on some upcoming events and a few friendly reminders.
Tuesday, July 3rd:
The annual Houghs Neck bonfire and fireworks display on Edgewater Drive: Fireworks will begin at 9:30pm.
A few reminders:
1. This is a family friendly event that we would like everyone to enjoy. There is no public consumption of alcohol in the street, on the beaches, etc.
2. Backpacks are subject to search.
3. Please pay close attention to temporary NO PARKING signs. Vehicles will be towed.
4. There will be no MBTA bus service to Houghs Neck (@ Palmer St) from 6pm-10pm. There will be service to Germantown.
5. Safety is everyone’s responsibility. If you see something that you think is suspicious, out of place, etc, please speak with one of our officers who will be posted throughout the area.
Wednesday, July 4th:
Merrymount 4th of July Parade: 1:00pm: Begins at Merrymount School and ends at Merrymount Beach. Sponsored by the Merrymount Association, this parade engages the whole neighborhood with many streets making their own floats.
TRAFFIC ALERT: The parade route crosses Quincy Shore Drive at Samoset, then again at Squanto. Expect traffic delays in the area.
Bay Pointe Waterfront Restaurant, 64 Washington Court, will bring a fireworks spectacular to Quincy on July 4th. The event itself is private, but the fireworks are for all to enjoy! Parking at Bay Pointe Marina will be limited to only those individuals with a ticket or boat owners of Bay Pointe Marina. The fireworks display will launch from a barge in Town River Bay beginning at 9:15pm. Parking in the immediate residential area is limited to RESIDENTS ONLY (see attached map). Please pay close attention to temporary NO PARKING signs as vehicles will be towed. Suggested viewing sites/parking will be Broad Meadows School (50 Calvin Rd) and Snug Harbor School (333 Palmer St).