Allerton Street in Hough's Neck
- Children's playground equipment
- Size: 0.5 acres
Heron Road in Adams Shore
- Basketball court & children's playground equipment
- Size: 1.3 acres
Named for Adams Shore community activist Arthur Boyson, former President of Adams Shore Community Association and helped City work to acquire land for playground.
Island Avenue in Hough's Neck
- Basketball court, softball field, tot-lot and in-line skate park
- Size: 4.6 acres
Calvin Road in Adams Shore - access from school parking lot and Quincy Youth Arena
1.3 miles of trails and acres up passive upland meadows
Re-opened and re-named in 2015, Passanageset Park at Broad Meadows is a beautiful, water-front park boasting magnificent views, 1.3 miles of walking trails and several acres of upland meadows. Passanageset is a wonderful spot for bird watching. Over 90 species of birds have been spotted at the park since last year. The park was officially renamed in 2015, after an extensive research project done by the 'History Girls' at Broad Meadows Middle School.
The Park Department is in the midst of making additional enhancements to the park, including the installation of a 50' pedestrian bridge in the center of the park. Work on the bridge will be completed this spring. The CPC has also approved additional funding for trail improvements, which will be completed later this year.
Dirt-biking is prohibited at Passanageset Park. If you see dirt biking taking place there, please contact the non-emergency Police line at 617-479-1212.
Chapel Street in Hough's Neck
Children's play equipment
Size: .75 acres
Named for Gregory McKinnon, a young Hough's Neck resident who died unexpectedly in 1982.
Southern Artery in Quincy Center
Regulation sized track and field facility, football practice field, children's play equipment, and five tennis courts with lights
Size: 7.5 acres
Named for Henry M. Faxon, who bequeathed this land to the people of the city of Quincy in 1919. His original gift also included the land where the
Vo-Tech school currently sits.
Sea Street in Hough's Neck
Softball field, baseball field, two basketball courts and tot-lot. Size: 6.17 acres
Named for Alfred N. LaBrecque, a Hough's Neck veteran of World War I. LaBrecque went on to serve as President of the
Quincy City Council.
Macy Street in Hough's Neck
Children's play equipment
Size: 0.5 acres
Named for Sgt. Lawrence A. Grenham, a Hough's neck resident who was killed while serving in Vietnam during March, 1968. The park was named in his honor in 1996.
Narragansett Road in Merrymount
Soccer field, softball field, CPA funded basketball and street hockey court and tot-lot
The park was named in 1932 for James S. Perkins, longtime Principal of the adjacent Merrymount School
Palmer Street in Germantown
Two basketball courts, softball field, three soccer fields and two tot-lots
Size: 7.8 acres
56 Bicknell Street, Germantown
CPA funded project created first dedicated cricket pitch in Quincy
Taffrail Road in Germantown
Two basketball courts
Size: 1 acre
Bradford Street in Penn's Hill
Basketball court and tot-lot
Size: 1 acre
Located at the intersection of Cleverly Court and South Street, two 30x50 soccer fields play host to Quincy Youth Soccer's U10's throughout the spring and fall. One field is named after Joy Hanlon, a young girl who died tragically near the field; the other is named after Malcolm MacNeil, one of the founders of Quincy Youth Soccer.
Two little league fields, a softball field with lights, basketball court,
tot-lot, picnic area with pavilion and many walking paths
Size: 57 acres
Originally the Town's South Commons, the land was sold off to
private owners in 1818. A large portion of the South Commons was
purchased by Job Faxon and he passed the land along to his son
Henry H. Faxon. In 1885, Henry Faxon bequeathed 37 acres of land
to the City. In 1935, his son Henry M. Faxon added to his father's gift
and donated 20 acres to the park, bringing it to its current size.
Elm Street / South Street in Quincy Point
Basketball court and tot-lot
Size: 1 acre
The park is named for William H. Flynn, a Ward II City Councilor in the early 1900's. He was renowned for supporting park and
playground projects and was active in youth and semi-pro baseball.
Beechwood Street in Quincy Point
Two little league fields, street hockey court, tennis court, basketball court and football field
Size: 7.2 acres
One of the baseball diamonds was named for Ray Dunn, a coach and mentor to thousands of Quincy Point youngsters.
There is also a memorial stone in honor of David and Stephen Pitts, two Quincy Point brothers who fought in Vietnam.
Pond Street in Quincy Point
Baseball field, basketball court and skateboard park
Sixe: 9 acres
The park is named for Israel W. Monroe, the maternal grandfather of Henry M. Faxon who donated the park to the city. The
park was donated to the City in 1935.
Hamilton Avenue/Holbrook Road in Montclair
Baseball field, softball field, tot-lot, basketball court, street hockey
court and five tennis courts with lights
Size: 5.5 acres
Frederick H. Bishop was a Civil War veteran of the 14th Infantry. Born
on March 30, 1848, Bishop lived on Summit Avenue most of his life. A
plaque was dedicated at this park in 1996 in honor of long-time
Montclair resident Joseph Gildea.
South Central Avenue on Wollaston Hill
Size: 0.5 acres
Brae is the Scottish word for a small slope or hill
Summit Avenue/Forbes Hill Road in Wollaston
Children's playground equipment, basketball court, tennis court and little league field
Size: 5.25 acres
This site once served as water reservoir for the City. The large granite tower, built 1901-1904, is the only reminder of the
park's interesting history. Forbes Hill was likely named for the influential Forbes family that inhabited the area until W. Cameron
Forbes had his land taken by the State by eminent domain to build the reservoir.
Whitwell Street on Hospital Hill
Size: 6.5 acres
Once the site of an old schoolhouse, the land was developed into a park after the school burnt down in a fire.
Beale Street in Wollaston
Children's tot-lot and basketball court
Size: 2.15 acres
Named for Sgt. Robert Allen Curry, a West Quincy native who fought in World War II, and Michael Therrien, a teacher and soccer coach who passed away tragically, this facility boasts two soccer fields. The lower field is a full sized pitch; the upper field is 50x80. A recent upgrade was performed by the Park Department and funded by the Community Preservation Act. Sgt. Curry was winner of the Air Medal and Purple Heart. His B17 bomber disappeared over the Pacific on May 21, 1943.
Hall Place/Quarry Street in West Quincy
Basketball court, street hockey court and children's play equipment Size: .75 acres
Named for Patrick J. Flaherty, a long-time resident and community activist for the West Quincy area.
Columbia Street in South Quincy
Basketball court and children's play equipment
Size: 0.6 acres
Named for Paul V. Grasso, USMC who was a South Quincy resident killed while serving in Vietnam in 1968.
Water Street in Southwest Quincy
Softball field and baseball field with lights, tennis court, street hockey court and children's playground equipment
Size: 5.2 acres
Named for Henry L. Kincaide, a Colonel who served in the Spanish-American War. He went on to become one of the most
successful businessmen in Quincy. The Kincaide Department store was a staple of the Quincy Center economy for years.
Quarry Street in West Quincy
Children's tot-lot, basketball court, baseball field, softball field and football/soccer field area.
Size: 7.6 acres
This park was named for John J. O'Rourke, a South Quincy resident who was wounded in World War I. The park was
dedicated in 1932.
Smith Street / Quarry Street in West Quincy
Size: 0.25 acres
Roberts Street in West Quincy
Basketball court and track facility
Size: 1.5 acres
The adjacent school is named for Reay E. Sterling, long-time principal of the South Junior High School.
Located only minutes from the bustle of downtown Boston, the DCR Blue Hills Reservation stretches over 7,000 acres from Quincy to Dedham, Milton to Randolph, providing a green oasis in an urban environment. Rising above the horizon, Great Blue Hill reaches a height of 635 feet, the highest of the 22 hills in the Blue Hills chain. From the rocky summit visitors can see over the entire metropolitan area. With its scenic views, varied terrain and 125 miles of trails, the Blue Hills Reservation offers year-round enjoyment for the outdoor enthusiast. For more information on the Blue Hills Reservation, please click here.
Fenno Street in Wollaston
Basketball court and children's tot-lot
Size: 2.2 acres
The original statue of John Adams sits in Freedom Park.
Willett Street in Wollaston
Basketball court, tot-lot and large play area
Size: 1.1 acres
Playground named for adjacent school, which is now closed.
Hancock Street / Merrymount Parkway in Wollaston
Quincy's largest and most utilized park, it is home to the following facilities:
Dedicated June 13, 2009, World War II Memorial, Adams Presidential Tablet, Charles Francis Adams gift monument, fountain and benches
Synthetic field turf hosting football, soccer and lacrosse
finest amateur baseball field in New England
regulation baseball field
girls' and women's-only softball facility
two basketball and two tennis courts with lights
: City's only outdoor amphitheater
two little league field and picnic facility
City's only boating and sailing facility named for William F. Ryan, the city's first Recreation Director, who served from 1955-1975.
Home of the Park and Recreation Departments
Merrymount Park is 80 acres in size. It was donated to the City of Quincy in 1885 by Charles Francis Adams II, grandson of
President John Quincy Adams. Adams procured his good friend Frederick Law Olmsted to help develop the park, but the
town did not have the money for Olmsted to develop a full plan. In addition to the recreation facilities, the park possesses
wooded uplands and acres of salt marsh.
Directly adjacent to Merrymount Park is Grossman Park,a 50-acre preserve of wetlands and upland area. The park was
given to the City by the Grossman family in the 1960's.
Open year round, dawn to dusk. Bathhouse open July to September. Quincy Shore Reservation offers a variety of recreational opportunities. Quincy Shore Drive links Wollaston Beach with Caddy memorial Park and Moswetuset Hummock. The 2.3 mile beach is popular for its jogging/bicycling trail and swimming. Caddy Park on the southern end of the beach has over 15 acres of fields and marsh as well as a play area, lookout tower and picnic tables. Moswetuset Hummock, on the beach's northern end, is a National Historic Site. Once a summer campsite of Native Americans during the 1600's, it is a mixture of woodland trails and open marshland. The site which has a short loop trail, offers views of Quincy Bay and 144-acre Squantum Marsh.
To visit the DCR website, please click here.
Birch Street in North Quincy
Football field, basketball court and track facility
Size: 4.5 acres
Named for Staff Sergeant Charles Cavanagh, who was killed while serving his country on March 6, 1945 in Germany.
Cavanagh served with Company C, 28th Infantry Regt, 8th Division. He was born in Quincy on June 21, 1904 and a plaque
was dedicated at the park on June 22, 1947. The current plaque was rededicated on June 14, 2000.
Hollis Avenue in North Quincy
Size: 8.3 acres
Located behind Atlantic Middle School, the field is named for Joseph W. Koch, a long-time member of the city's DPW and Park Departments. Mr. Koch helped create many of the fields across the City. This field was the last one he worked on before his untimely passing.
Newbury Avenue in North Quincy
Size: 2.5 acres
Teel field is currently under construction. When completed, Teel Field will be Quincy's second lighted, artificial turf field.
Sagamore Street in North Quincy
Children's tot-lot, two basketball courts, two tennis courts and women's softball field.
Size: 3.16 acres
This field is named for Welcome G. Young, a City Councilor from Ward Six who served from 1919 to 1929. He made his living
in the wholesale toy industry and was a member of the Masonic Fraternity.
Park Avenue in Squantum
CPA funded tot-lot, basketball courts, CPA funded street hockey court, and two little league fields Size: 3.6 acres
This playground is named for John Wendall Moses, a Squantum resident who was killed in World War I during the Battle of
Argonne on October 23, 1918. Moses was with the Army's 101st Infantry Division. In 2001, the little league diamonds were
named for Bill Phinney and Don Frazier.
Located adjacent to Nickerson Beach and ranging from there to the Long Island Bridge, Squaw Rock is a passive recreational area with beautiful views of the City of Boston and Boston Harbor.