55 Sea Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: (617) 376-1450
Fax: (617) 376-1465
e-mail: Jay Duca
7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Closed on Holidays
Welcome to the City of Quincy Inspectional Services Department web page. Inspectional Services was created in 1997 to bring several small departments that provided related inspectional service under one roof.
The departments that were combined were Building Inspections, Zoning Board of Appeals, Conservation, Wire Inspections, Plumbing & Gas Inspections, Code Enforcement, and Weights and Measures. Included under the Building Inspections are the Building Code Board of Appeals and Builders License Board of Examiners.
The purpose of consolidating these departments was to streamline the construction permitting process to better serve homeowners and contractors. We perform an important public safety function by enforcing the appropriate codes and regulations to insure that buildings are safe for people to inhabit. We do this proactively through the construction process and ongoing public safety inspections of existing buildings. We remain committed to this goal and always strive to find better ways to serve the public.
1. Most information, records requests, documents, and many online applications can be found on this page by clicking "Navigation" at the top left or scrolling down to "Online Permits".
2. For general information, or employee contact information, dial 617-376-1450
3. To report a complaint, dial 617-376-1238
4. Our walk-in zoning clinic is held here at 55 Sea Street every Thursday at 2pm. First come, first served. Staff will be on hand to answer questions for small property owners who wish to undertake any type of project on their home.
5. Individual Inspectors can quickly help answer any questions you may have. Dial 617-376-1450. For a list of Inspectors go to "Navigation---Inspectional Services Department"
You can also visit the office at 55 Sea Street, weekdays from 7am-4:30pm as there is always someone there who can help you.
To apply for a permit online, please click on the corresponding link below.
|Building Permit||Electrical Permit||Plumbing Permit||Gas Permit||Quincy Paving and/or Quincy Builder's License New and Renewal Application|
|Certificate of Inspection||Paving Permit||Sheet Metal Permit||Small Cell Wireless Permit||Temporary Extension of Premises Permit|
|After Hour Special Inspection Request||Inspectional Services Department Records Request
||Ticket Appeal Request Form||Zoning Board of Appeal Application|
|D.B.A. Zoning Approval Application||Short-Term Residential Rental Application|
|Conservation Commission Application|
(Please click on a date and time for meeting access information)
|Zoning Board of Appeals - October 26, 2021 - 5:30pm|
|Conservation Commission - November 3, 2021 - 5:30pm|
|Zoning Board of Appeals - November 9, 2021 - 5:30pm|