|The mission of the Waste and Recycling Division is to manage the collection and disposal of municipal solid waste, household hazardous waste, recyclables, and yardwaste in a manner that is environmentally sound, cost-effective, and safe. The division will partner with residents, businesses, community organizations, other municipal departments and municpalities to enhance and deliver services that promote a healthy environment.
Services provided by the Waste and Recycling Division
- Curbside collection and disposal of residential waste, recycling, yardwaste, appliances, tvs and monitors
- Single stream recycling center at the DPW Yard including collection of all electronics to benefit Quincy Veterans Council
- Yardwaste drop-off for residents at the DPW Yard No commercial landscapers allowed
- Textile recycling bins in the DPW upper parking lot and in every school yard in the district are available for drop-off of clothing, shoes, drapery, bedding, under garments, small toys and rugs 24/7.
- Household hazardous waste drop-off twice a year at the DPW Yard. Bring mercury and other hazardous material to Clean harbors, 1 Hill Ave., Braintree, 781-380-7100.
- Outreach, education, consulting and support for schools, community organizations, businesses and municipal agencies in the pursuit of protecting and improving the local environment through waste management.
To schedule a curbside pick-up of Appliances, TVs and Monitors call 617-376-7556 at least one full business day before your regular trash pick-up day. Monday pick-up should call the preceeding Friday.
Curbside pick-up of furniture, mattresses and grills will be collected without calling.
If you are not covered by the City's waste management program because you live in an apartment building with more than 8 units, if you have construction and demolition debris or need to dispose of items not accepted by curbside service, you can call Willard's Disposal Service on Billings Rd. in Quincy at 617-770-4503 or visit their web site at firstname.lastname@example.org