Quincy Shore Reservation was conceived in 1899 by the Metropolitan Parks Commissioners, and remains as the formal/legal name of Wollaston Beach, Caddy Park, and Moswetusset Hummock. The 'birth' of Wollaston Beach occurred in 1908 with the completion of the "Metropolitan Boulevard" from Atlantic St to Fenno St. The Department of Conservation and Recreation manages Wollaston Beach including lifeguards and maintenance.
The Friends of Wollaston Beach
FWB is an organization promoting public use of Wollaston Beach, preserving and protecting the fragile ecosystems, and addressing the quality of life issues relating to the Beach.
To learn more about the organization or it's events visit: