The Quincy Park and Recreation Board establishes the policies and procedures of the Park Department and maintains permitting authority for all municipal parks.
The nine-member board comprises volunteers appointed by the mayor representing each of the city's six ward as well as three city council appointments, one of which must be a member of the School Committee.
The board meets the first Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Richard J. Koch Park and Recreation Complex, One Merrymount Parkway.
You must be a Quincy resident to request a field permit.
Requests for field permits can be submitted to the Park Department by calling (617) 376-1252, faxing a letter of request to (617) 376-1259 or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using the form below is the quickest way of submitting a request. The Park and Recreation Board approves all permits at its monthly meetings.
- Must be a Quincy resident.
- Must be approved by the Park and Recreation Board.
- No alcohol is allowed in any Quincy park.
- Permission for an open flame must be obtained from the Quincy Fire Department.
- No admission fee can be charged without the express permission of the Quincy Park and Recreation Board.
- Scholastic programs have first right to all facilities, followed by youth programs and finally adult recreational programs.